Saturday, April 24, 2010

Trend Forecast Board

FALL/WINTER 2011
Neo-Primitive
So, what do you think?! I made a trend board for my Apparel class at school.  A trend board is basically forcasting trends for an upcoming season.  I had to choose an up coming season, pick a theme, and create a poster that shows the idea, inspiration and key elements of that season.  I wanted to pick something that was me, a style that I would wear.  Neo-Primitive caught my eye right away! It's inpired from the Raw Luxe trend of this last winter season, slightly more alive and abstract.  For those of you who aren't aware of what Neo-Primitivism is; It's the Russian Art movement proposes a new style of modern painting which fuses elements of Cézanne, Cubism and Futurism with traditional Russian 'folk art' conventions and motifs. As a modern art form, neo-primitivism is a radical and influential movement within the realm of body modification.
In the world of fashion, they construed this concept into a style for fall/winter 2011.  Each fashion city interpreted it differently but along the same lines.  This trend has lots and lots of fur, but it's mostly long fur and they went places beyond just coats and jackets.  Neo-Primitive style is a mix of wilderness and luxury: lots of texture-suede and leather- with punches of crafty embelishments and metal chunks and accessories. The colors are from Russian art, modern but mostly neutrals.  Any color accent would be a primary color (red, orange, yellow, green, blue) but the colors that you see alot of are: black, gray, camel, chartruese, brown, honeysuckle, blush neutrals, and metallic accents!  There are lots of layers and texture and besides fur and leather, heavy knits are also popular.
When I was doing this trend board I got my inspiration from a European church. To me this style was dark but I invisioned more of a rustic, authentic history- like stain glass windows and old, cracked wood holding up the structures of the amazing architecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment