Friday, April 30, 2010

Eco Fashion

"Untamed" Photo by: Jazmine Estze
I loved this photoshoot. I felt like Neytiri from Avatar.
Wouldn't it be amazing if our world was like Pandora?

I love being green, eating organic,
and doing what I can to help the Earth!
I don't know about you, but I dont want to lose our forests, the animals that live there and I definietly dont want the beauty of nature to vanish because of our selfish ways. I think we should start adapting to our ecosytem instead of changing everything and ruining it in the process.  Our society is thankfully creating eco friendly products, and we are constantly trying to find new ways to help save our planet.  I've always supported the saving our planet but recently it's hit hard and I realized how bad it really is. At the rate we are using Earths resources, for America alone, we would need 7 (yes, SEVEN) planet Earths to sustain us. Even with all the advances in trying to reduce pollution, and recycle more, there are still sooo many people who don't give a shit.
Ghandi said "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." It's such a poweful quote and I truly believe it. So instead of getting upset, I will instead do what I can to help the enviornment. I am going to start riding my bike to school and work when I can, use a reusable bag- instead of plastic- when I shop, recycle my paper, re use bottles, the little things that can make a huge difference.  I posted some great tips for going green on one of my previous posts:  HAPPY EARTH DAY.

 My Newest Purchase from Ecotools .
A reusable, FABULOUS, tote made with natural cotton.
Even the tags were made with recycled paper <3
Check out the cite: ECOTOOLS Earth-friendly beauty

There are other problems going on in the world as well, including children in Africa who dont get enough food and are mal nurished.  Along with being eco-friendly I want to help as much as I can. The FEED Projects are co-founded by UNICEF Next Generation who provide nutrition to children through the sale of FEED bags.  Purchasing this bag help change a child who is suffering's life!

  • For every FEED 1 pouch sold, FEED donates $3.50 to the U.S Fund for UNICEF to provide daily nutrition for a child in Guatemala.

  • For every FEED 3 Guatemala bag sold, FEED donates $10.50 to the U.S. Fund for UNICEF, to provide daily nutrition for 3 kids for a year
 

Lauren Bush wears her Feed bag from casual street style to fancy parties as part of her involvement in the U.N. World Food Program’s School Feeding operations. Just recenty, The Feed bag is set to fill the Whole Foods stores in U.S., Canada and U.K. The chain store has bought 430,000 bags. Each bag sold means 100 school meals to Rwanda children.

My sister has a couple of them and they are absolutley fabulous! Want to learn more about this bag and how it works? Click here 
You can also visit the FEED Foundation website
Please, to show your support, Become a fan of FEED Projects on Facebook.
Help make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment