Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today I...

MET LAUREN CONRAD!
Her second novel of her L.A. Candy Series, Sweet Little Lies, recently came out so she came to DePaul University, in Chicago, for her book tour; She is the cutest little thing, gorgeous! And I loved her dress (I wish I knew where it's from). Along with her book, she was there to promote m.powerment by:mark. A fabulous campaign committed to helping educate and empower women and bring an end to domestic violence.
While we were there my friends and I all purchased a "Have a Heart" Necklace! The necklace is available in silver or gold-I chose gold, of course-and they're, oh so, cute. The best part is: 100% of the proceeds went to supporting this amazing cause; helping to empower those in abusive relationships.  Want to help support, in style, too? You can purchase a necklace, for only $22.00. If you want to make a smaller donation there is also a fabulous bracelet for only $12. You can make your donation through the mark website, or through a mark representative near you. It's as easy as 1.2.3 and don't forget...it could make a great gift as well!
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to start reading Sweet Little Lies. While I was going through I rough patch in my life I read her first book, LA Candy, I related with it so much, it helped to know that someone went through the same thing; friendship and betrayal..i absolutely loved it so I'm excited to see what drama the next book unfolds.
Want the books? LA Candy Sweet Little Lies

*And for those of you who noticed my outfit...yes, I am obsessed with my leopard fur coat. Who wouldn't be?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment