Friday, June 18, 2010

2010 CFDA Fashion Awards

Ahhh, Spring quarter is offically over and I finally have time to relax and have time for myself - until tomorrow, anyway, when my sister and I have to start moving our things into our new apartment which, by the way, will have no water or electricity until next week. Awesome! It doesnt end there, oh no, on Sunday we have to get up early and clean until our old apartment is spotless, turning in our key and driving home for a Father's day dinner and spend the night with my family. No time to waste after that because my sister and I have to get up early again to get on the road back to Chicago where a very talented artist will be painting a portrait of me, shooting pictures as well - so as you can see, this moment is very precious to me, I can finally sit down and write, what I enjoy the most.

On June 8th the 2010 CFDA Fahion Awards was presented in New York-the city of my future and dreams- where the Council of Fashion Designers of America paid tribute to the talented and newly emerging talent of the Fashion Industry. The Oscars of Fashion, funded by Swarovki for the ninth year in a row.  The emotional point in the show was the Board of Directors' Special Tribute award, presented by Sarah Jessica Parker, honored to Alexander McQueen for his indelible contribution to international fashion.  SJP wore a gorgeous purple and pink print gown from McQueen’s Pre-Fall 2010 collection. Such a moving statement to show honor to the most innovative and inspirational Designer, and artist, of our time.



Womenswear Designer of the Year: Marc Jacobs
Menswear Designer of the Year : Marcus Wainwright & David Neville for Rag & Bone
Accessory Designer of the Year: Alexis Bittar
Swarovski Award for Womenswear: Jason Wu
Swarovski Award for Menswear: Richard Chai
Swarovski Award for Accessory Design: Alexander Wang
Geoffrey Beene Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael Kors
International Award: Christopher Bailey for Burberry
Eugenia Sheppard Award: Kim Hastreiter, Editor & Publisher, Paper magazine
Follow her on Twitter! @kimpaper
Eleanor Lambert Award: Tonne Goodman, Fashion Director, Vogue
Fashion Icon Award: Iman
Board of Directors’ Special Tribute: The one and only Alexander McQueen

1 comment: