Thursday, January 6, 2011

New York state of mind



This is what I woke up to this morning...NEW YORK CITY!!
The best part is: there is a Starbucks right across the street. Perfect.
In all my excitment I failed to have a nutritional breakfast (great for the mind but not for the body): Marie Claire and Mike and Ike's...my sister is going to kill me. Sorry Liz!
I'm in a bit of a rush beacuse of the fact that I couldn't bring much in my suitcases so now I have to run to Kmart (I was in shock too; Yes, Manhattan has a Kmart, how funny is that) to grab more hangers, some storage bins, a trash can, etc. But before I left I wanted to show you my new, humble-and quite small-adobe....
Don't be fooled, this bed is not comfortable. It feels like cardboard...something I have to deal with for the next 5 months.
I'm usuing my study space as storage. There is absolutley no room for shoes in the closet (you will see soon enough) so this is where I have to put most of my shoes. It's okay, luckly, I don't mind being surrounded by shoes. <3
Yep, this is my closet. When I first saw it, I thought they were kidding- it's barely enough room for my coats, and I still have more to hang up (once I get more hangers)-but they weren't, they are dead serisous. I guess I could deal with it, I would make it work, but I have to share it. I don't know how that's going to happen.
 My roommate hasn't arrived yet, so I made sure to keep some room for her. I hope she doesnt have too many clothes because I don't have a clue what we are going to do. I had to put most of my clothes in drawers, which I hate doing because it wrickles them and I don't have an iron or a steamer...oh jeez. It's times like these I wish I was a Forensics major. They would never have this problem! It will all work out I'm sure. I just think it's funny...anyone who knows me is probably laughing their ass off right now.
 More of my shoes...Oh boy. I'm in trouble when my roommate gets here. New subject please...
....My new FEED bag!!!
For those of you who remember my Eco Fashion post from April of last year. I talked about FEED bags which are in support of Unicef (United States fund).
The FEED 3 Guatemala Bag was created in support of UNICEF's nutrition programs to help children recieve the vitamin and mineral supplements they need to survive and thrive. Sales of each bag will help UNICEF supply an entire year's worth of nutritional supplemnts to three young children in Guatemala-the country with the highest percentage of chronically malnourished children in Latin America. In addition, the FEED 3 Guatemala Bag is handmade in Guatemala by Nest, a nonprofit organization that empowers female artisans around the world. 
It's a wonderful cause to help support, it makes you feel good about yourself, and there's no denying how awesome this bag is. It's a fabulous bag to lug around the city! When I know I've helped people less fortunate than myself, I get a rush of excitment. I feel good about myself and that feeling never goes away. Everytime I use this bag (which will be everyday) it will remind me of what I did and the lives I helped save. 
Okay, I have to go now. The city streets are calling my names...I can hear it through the window! Bye.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Krysta! Great post! Manhattan sounds fun and exciting and I wish you all the best at Marie Claire!!

    Do you rent this apt? How did you even find a roomate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krysta this is amazing! Keep posting pictures I will for sure be tuning in :)

    ReplyDelete