Monday, January 10, 2011

First Day at MC

It was my first day as an intern at Maria Claire Magazine so it's only natural I post my 'first day' outfit. I wanted to mix higher end and vintage peices together. I wore my abstract zebra print shirt, from Forever 21's Faith 21 collection, and this fantastic vintage, hand knit sweater I found at a vintage shop in Chicago. I belted them together to create a waist with a vintage leather Liz Claiborne belt, pulled together with black J.Crew skinny jeans a fantastic paire of genuine leather, over-the-knee boots from Steve Madden. Of course I wore my 'Krysta' necklace and Michael Kors watch and used my FEED bag for my lunch, water bottle, notebook, papers and other supplies that are needed throughout the day at Marie Claire.

My first day was ah-mazing! I met Joanna Coles-great start to my morning. Started off by sorting racks of designer clothes that had arrived from photoshoots and designer show rooms. I then had to open up and check in new arrivals from Chanel, Versace, Phillip Lim 3.1, DSquared2, Carolina Herrera, Loius Vuitton, Lanvin, Prada, Christian Dior, YSL, Michael Kors and so many more it was ridiculous...I was in heaven. My job was to take pictures of the garments and make sure everything was in tact and ready to be sent to photoshoots. Many garments arrived straight from the runways of Paris and New York and when the shoes had X's scratched on the bottom of them they were worn on the runway; they do that so the models don't slip or slide on the runway. So cool! I learned so much on my first day and it's those little facts that puts the cherry on the cake. So fun.

Troy Burch decided to stop by the offices for meetings and what not. No big deal. It was pretty cool to see her in person...she's gorgeous by the way. I was sent to Michael Kors to pick up some garments for a photoshoot in LA tomorrow. Although I didn't get to meet Michael Kors, it was fun to see the Collection showroom.

All in all, my first day was long, fast-paced and very hectic but I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to see what I get to do tomorrow. When it comes to fashion, my brain is like a sponge, I'm soaking in everything! Oh my gosh, did I mention the view Marie Claire has of the city?! It's incredible...breathtaking. I will take a picture so you can experience it. Absolutely gorgeous, especially at sunset. Bye!
xoxo

3 comments:

  1. sounds so EXCITING!!!! I can't wait to see and hear more about your experience with Marie Claire :) So happy for you and I'm looking up flights as we speak! How does March sound?! hahaha LOVE YOU GIRL! Have a FABULOUS week!

    xOXo

    p.s I CALLED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, Congrats againnnnnn!

    So happy/excited for you! So cool you got the chance to go into MK's offices! maybe next time they'll send you directly to LA ;)

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Troy Burch!
    TORRRRY BURCH.


    man - how exciting.
    i cant imagine how many girls at school are pulling their hair out with jealousy!

    DONT FORGET TO INDULGE IN A MIDNIGHT CORNER PITA!

    ReplyDelete