Friday, January 7, 2011

I heart 'Hearst'

 Yesterday my friend Jenn and I thought it would be a great idea to go walking around New York. Of course I loved every minute of it even though my feet and legs were killing me at the end of the day. The Hearst Tower is only 15 blocks away from where I live, which is about a 30 minute walk. Not that bad. Isn't it beautiful though!?! LOVE.
A block away from the Hearst building is Columbus Circle followed by Central Park so we walked around some more and found a Whole Foods-and a Borders, yay!-inside Columbus Circle Mall, which is so beautiful. It's almost like a museum with all the art that is placed throughout the halls.
 I had no idea they sold Emu eggs! I wonder how they taste? Has anyone eaten one?
They're HUGE-that's what she said (shut up Zenita)- Anyways for $29.99 a peice you can make a pretty decent sized omlet, or make a breakfast for the whole family...no big deal.
 After Whole foods we walked around Columbus circle, soaked in the history and culture and made our way to Central Park. So beautiful. If you look very closely, you can see the Hearst building close to the middle of the picture. 
 We went to the Diana Ross playground which is sourrounded by Huge Rocks to climb on. If any of you are Law and Order fans, they shot an episode here. A man was sitting on the rocks watching the kids play...you'll know what episode I'm talking about if you watch it. :)
 The Harlem Meer Pond. So pretty and peacefull.
Best News of the day! I was walking through Columbus Circle when I stepped on this. It's fate, I just know it. Jake and I have a date tonight, jealous? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment