Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Twenty.Hour.Train.Ride.

 
I have some good news and I have some bad news.
Good news: I'm all packed for New York!
Bad News: It took a tornato and a few earthquakes to make it happen...
...whatever, I'm so happy I'm done!
Tell me please because I'm not to sure if it's a good thing or bad thing that my life (aka my closet) is packed into five suitcases. Okay, it's definitely a good thing-a very very good thing-but it's still kind of scary. I packed my Buddha piggy bank that my best friend Alexa got me as a good luck present before my interview a couple weeks ago. I love it...thanks doll!
My sister and I ran errands all morning, getting things ready for when I leave for New York for five months. I don't know what it is with the number five (five suitcases, five months)...maybe a suitcase for every month? No, hell no, I could never do that. Anyways, I'm feeling a bit of everything right now, a little bit more excitement than anything else. Nervousness; at times I feel as though I'm going to puke but it goes away within a couple seconds so it's okay. haha ohh to be me right now... 

...I'm in wonderment about this afternoon. My sister is dropping me off at Union Station in Chicago because I'm taking the Amtrak all the way to New York. Yes, I chose to ride a train instead of a plane but it was for the best. Besides the train taking about 18 hours longer than a plane ride would take, it was cheaper and it allowed me to take on more luggage for free. Taking a plane now-a-days with more than just one piece of luggage is horrible. I don't think I would have survived taking only a couple suitcases. 
Wish me luck! I have plenty of books to keep me preoccupied: This months issue of Marie Claire-of course- of Elle, and Vogue; Little Bee by Chris Cleave; The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson; ELLEments of Personal Style book (love); Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell (yes, for a second time); and Lauren Conrad's third book in her LA Candy series, Sugar and Spice. I also have a new and improved journal to document every thought that crosses my mind through this whole experience. I'm excited and pray that this ride goes quick and smoothly.                                     xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe and fun trip!!! your in my thoughts and GOOD LUCK LOVE!~

    ReplyDelete