Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lotus Flower


"The long fibrous stem of the lotus is not easily broken, a quality that the Chinese adopted as a symbol of harmony and the unbreakable love/bond between family and loved ones. This is a symbol of the sun, of creation and rebirth, of purity and trustworthiness. Because at night the flower closes and sinks underwater, at dawn it rises and opens again.Chinese poets use lotus flowers to inspire people to continue striving through difficulties and to show their best part to the outside world, no matter how bad the circumstances may be. This is understood as being just like the lotus flower, bringing beauty and light from the murky darkness at the bottom of the pond."

 "Lotus flower tattoos are also popular for people who have gone through a hard time and are now coming out of it (just like me!). Like the flower they have been at the bottom in the muddy, yucky dirty bottom of the pond but have risen above this to display an object of beauty or al ife of beauty as the case might be. Thus a lotus flower tattoo or blossom can also represent a hard time in life that has been overcome."

My roommate, Krystal, and I got tattoos today! I got my very own Lotus flower and it will be with me forever-Chinese poets use it to inspire people to continue striving through difficulties and show their best part to the outside workd no matter how bad the circumstance may be- and will always be there to remind me to continue striving, to give me strength and believe in myself and my dreams (tough it out through the dark times beacuse when you get past that, the light will make your beauty shine). 
I love tattoos and I think there is nothing more liberating then getting something that means so much to you on your body, as art. It's a way to express yourself and be your own individual. Plus, call me crazy but I love the feeling of getting a tattoo. I love it and the meaning and symbolism behind it is what drove me to get it. I chose behind my ear so that it doesnt prevent me from getting ahead in the Fashion Industry. I would never want to jepardize my career, my dream, my life. It's simple and I can hide it easily if I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment