Monday, October 25, 2010

First Colored Issue

I worked very hard in making this cover. Finding the right sketch, the right articles, the right font. There is a lot that goes into creating a cover for a magazine. I am Editor for my schools newspaper (I like to call it a magazine since it's my dream to be the Editor in New York for a fashion magazine, but whatever; tomato tamahto, it's all the same) and I'm trying to turn it around. It was finally printed in color (yay) and students are actually getting excited to submit their work. This issue had 12 pages when the ones before I came along only had one or two. It's a lot of work and I'm still running around school like a crazy woman trying to get people excited. After all, to be a good leader you should lead by example. I strongly believe that, and I am so passionate about making this newspaper/magazine something that students look forward to, so I am sharing that passion with fellow students hoping some of the passion rubs off on them. It seems like it's working. This quarter we had our first meeting for the new issue and there were about 12-15 students that came to give their ideas. You don't know how thrilled, excited and grateful I was to be apart of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment