Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Closet Diaries

Buckle Up

Today I wore a black slouchy pocket Tee with an a line silk/chiffon layerd skirt from Forever 21 and completed the look by adding a colorful braided belt from Forever 21.

Lately I've been obsessed with belts. I think any outfit can be jazzed up by adding a simple skinny belt, a bedazzled wide belt or chunky studded belt-it completes any outfit and accessorizes any outfit effortlessly while giving the illusion of waist and if you have a body type like I do- rectangle/boyish/boxy/lacking any sort of waist-it's a no brainer. I love the idea of taking an oversized Tee or unstructured tunic and throwing on a belt; it adds character and can transform it from slouchy and unflattering to fitted and something that can be taken from day until night. It's always good to have options.

Oh! Can we take a minute to acknowledge these fabulous multi buckle strap wedges, please?! No, they're not Jeffrey Campbell's but pretty damn close! I got them at Spring on sale -which makes them even better because we all know when you're in college, you gotta find things for cheap! Sale shopping is the way to go. Love them. Adore them. Obsessed with them and if I could I would take them everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment