Friday, May 7, 2010

Carrie-Closet-Diaries

I finally got a whole day to myself, no work or school, so I decided to spend it at Barnes and Noble.  As a dedicated, almost obsessive-actually, very obsessive- Sex and the City fan I have been awaiting the release of Candace Bushnell's, author of Sex and the City (the book that started the HBO series) The Carrie Diaries. 
After stacking up fashion magazines ( all the Vogues, Harpers Bazaar, ELLE, Marie Claire, Cosmo, InStyle, etc)  until my arms went numb, I Immediately found my way to the Teens section where the mysteries of Carrie Bradshaw, before moving to the big City, was waiting for me.
"Up until now, Carrie and her friends have been inseparable. Then Sebastian Kydd comes into the picture, and a friend’s betrayal makes her question everything....The Carrie Diaries is the story of how a regular girl learns to think for herself and evolves into a sharp, insightful writer….Through adventures both audacious and poignant; we’ll see what brings Carrie to her beloved New York City, where her new life begins."
This summary, on the inside cover of the book, correlates to my life so much, I just can't wait to start reading it!! I always thought of myself, and wished I was, Carrie Bradshaw...It's the first book on my list for my summer readings.  Now, if this quarter will just go by just a LITTLE bit faster, that would be great.
I wore my comfy black leggings from Forever 21, a heather gray cotton zip-up sweater from GAP with a vintage Guess jean vest (with the sleeves cut off), over a long black cotton tee from American Apparel, and my chic forest green, gold studded flats from TJ Maxx. OH, and don't forget my lovely white vintage over the body purse and my "Krysta" necklace (to honor Carrie, of course)! So comfortable and chic, this outfit was perfect for a day of flipping through pages of Haute Couture, fashion ads and the latest stories on styles and trends for the new season.

No comments:

Post a Comment