Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin spice and Everything nice

I don't know what it is about Fall but as soon as the leaves start to fall and the year hits the first of Ocotber, every poster and baked good has Pumpkin all over it: Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Pumpkin Pankcakes, waffles, muffins, cheesecake, granola bars, ice cream, even candy! Ohh but it doesn't stop there; it's not just food, no...cards, shirts, socks, and my personal favorite, pumpkin pie candles! Everything is being hit with the pumpkin curse- curse being the operative word here; it hits everyone without any warning, October comes and BAM! before you know it you're racing up and down the grocery aisles looking for canned pumpkin so you can go home and create your very own, homemade, pumpkin spice pancakes, or muffins...whatever the taste buds are asking for. It gets to the point where you can't even walk through the mall without passing Yogen fruz, Starbucks, Cold Stone, Auntie Ann's, etc and not seeing a big sign advertising pumpkin Spice flavors.

Personally I love it. This is the first year where the pumpkin "curse" has hit me and let me tell you, it's serious. Anything Pumpkin I can find I buy, I try, I gobble it up like a turkey on Thanksgiving. It's so deliscious and so addicting I never want it to end. I love the festiveness of Fall going into Winter. If not for the food then for it's ability to bring family and friend back together for a couple of months. It's getting cold outside so everyone stays in. You can spend time together carving pumpkins and baking pumpkin seeds, or baking pumpking pies and pumpkin spice cookies...with a warm chocolately drizzle on top.....okay I have to stop, I'm making myself drool. I don't know what it is about Fall that makes everyone jump at the sight of a Pumpkin, all I know is that I love it and am happy to enjoy it while it lasts. I took pictures of things that I've found in the last week that are pumpkin. They made me happy so I hope they make you feel the same way. Enjoy, I know I did.

Pumpkin Spice Latte!! I die for them, although I wish there was a sugar free/fat free option. Oh well, it's only here once a year so might as well enjoy them while they last!

Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin is like heaven in a tiny little baking cup.
My school has Student Organizations and every day from 1-3 there is a fundraiser held by one of these organizations to raise money for their funding. Well, the other day I walked out of the elevator to find these staring at me in the face. Red velvet cookies with a cream cheese frosting on top. Holy smokes, I'm telling you, I could've eaten all thirteen of those things. Red velvet and Pumpkin spice are the epitome of Fall treats.
Yes, I found these and fell in love. Very healthy too! Serves double duty.
I spent the morning with my mother yesterday. We went to Barnes & Noble at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee -which, by the way, is one of the biggest bookstores I've ever seen inside of a mall-and I spotted these little monsters at the Barnes & Noble Cafe! YUM!
Literally, this is Fall in a cup!
One of my closest friends, Alexa- who loves anything Fall and Pumpkin flavored as much as I do, if not more- sent me a picture of this over the weekend. Looks absolutely incredible.
Doesn't this look delicious. No, it looks so good, my mouth is starting to water. Alexa, I wish you could taste this! Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

I'm too scared to try one because I know I won't have the discipline to just eat ONE. I WILL end up eating the whole entire bag. So, I'll take one and leave the rest for everyone else...

Why didn't I know Hersheys made Pumpkin Spice kisses. Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. this page is like an orgasm on a webpage.

    being mentioned on your fabulous blog makes me smile =)

    love you booger.

    ReplyDelete