Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Daily Love

This really spoke to me this morning and I wanted to share it with you, my dedicated readers. As much as I love clothes, shoes, purses, designer goods, fashion, all that "stuff," it still doesn't make up for the love that I get from my family, my friends and most importantly, the love I give myself.
     "It has been said a million times, "seek and you shall find; ask and you shall receive".
     I've found that this is true and it can also be misleading. If you ask for what you "think" you want, you may or may not get it. Contrary to what you may have heard out there, the Uni-verse is not your made-to-order wish- fulfillment Genie.
       The system is designed to give you what you NEED so you can LEARN and grow Spiritually; it is not designed to give you your every last consumer desire.
       Sometimes not getting what we want is the greatest gift. Sometimes, instead of getting more money and more things, what we really need is to go without them - not as a punishment, but as a way to speed up our awakening.
        "Stuff" can be a temporary filler for a hole within. When the "stuff" is gone, the hole is exposed and it is then up to you to go about filling that hole with wisdom, self-love, self-approval and forgiveness. 
      I realized recently that the Uni-verse doesn't always give me what I want. But it ALWAYS gives me what I need. This is not to say that I will only have "just enough" to get by. What I really need is to be HAPPY. So I see the experiences, people and things the Uni-verse brings my way as all being a part of contributing to my happiness.
       If I need to learn forgiveness, it brings me someone to forgive. If I need to learn how to let go and trust, it pulls the rug out from under me and gives me the opportunity to trust with no back up plan. If I need to learn how to love, it will pull people away from me so I can learn how to love myself.  
        Once all these lessons have been learned (many times through pain), happiness begins to show up.
        Ask for what you need, not for what you want. Ask for love, for happiness, for faith, patience, trust and sustenance. The Universe is much smarter and wiser than you are, so let it fill in the details.
        See everything that happens after you ask as a blessing and a lesson on the way to getting the things that you want. Let go of outcome and see yourself as always being in a process. Know that what you NEED isn't just getting your basic needs met; what you NEED is to THRIVE and BE HAPPY! Ask for this, and then get out of your own way!"
                                                 -Mastin Kipp
                                                                       founder of the Daily Love

No comments:

Post a Comment