Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ca-Crazy for Pleats

AKIRA Chicago Maxi dress, gold arm bracelet from Nordstrom, Michael Kors
gold embossed leather T-strap sandals
I found this dress at AKIRA here in Chicago, in the sale section, which  baffled me because it was absolutely gorgeous, so why was it for sale-better yet, why were they not sold out? Turns out it had a broken strap and apparently unwearable or unfixable?  So I did what most people wouldn't dare do and bought it. What the hell was I thinking, the strap was broken, right?! I got over it and decided to 'make it work' so that I could wear it- duh, I loved the dress and would have kicked myself later on if I didn't get it.
When I got home I cut off the other strap and made it into a strapless dress. I was in in love with the results and couldn't believe how many compliments I got while wearing it. Everyone loved it! I always like to test my style and outfits out in public places. Even if it's just a trip to the mall, school or even Starbucks; people will tell you what they think, it's incredible! I went to Barnes and Noble at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee while I was home . I was wearing this dress and the cutest little girl came up to me and told me if I was a princess. That's why I love children- they're so honest and so sincere, it really moved me and I couldn't stop smiling the rest of the day.
This just proves that for something to look good, it doesn't have to look or fit the way you think it should. Alter it, make it your own-cut off the legs to your pants, put some studs on a boring jean jacket, cut off the straps-as long as you feel sexy and confident while wearing it, that's all that matters. There are no 'rules' to having style, just have fun! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment