Monday, February 21, 2011

Snowy morning bliss..

With some mixed fruit, coffee and a brand new book, I am experiencing one of those mornings that only come around every so often...a morning of pure relaxation. My mom sent me this book as a Valentines day gift. For those of you who have read The Secret, if not I'm sure we have all read at least one-if not all-of the Chicken Soup books. Well, the talent behind those books came together to create this new and inspirational book The Soulmate Secret
I believe that love is possible. I believe that for those of us who think it and feel it and believe that it's possible will find love, it's just the matter of being ready and ready for full commitment. This book, who's reviews have been nothing but good from those who have read it cover to cover. Mastin Kipp, the founder of The Daily Love, has been raving about it this past month. 
Unfortunately I'm not ready for my soulmate. Yes, it's a sad tale but I'm so in love with New York, I'm so in love with Marie Claire, I'm so in love with where I am in my life that I don't need a soulmate to make me happy. However, this book has so fantastic insight into the world of soul mates and how to manifest the love of your life with the law of attraction.  

I'm wearing a cute leopard cardi over a light wash denim button up shirt from Urban Outfitters. That's not as important as my hair at the moment...I've finally gone back to my natural color. My mom has always been hinting that I should go back to my natural color. Well, mom, I did and I am so happy I did.  I can't help but wonder why I was so persistant on covering up this beautiful auburn/red/brown color that I was born with. This is my effort to love and embrace everything about myself that I've been changing since I can remember. Better late then never. 

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. That what you have said – concerning your love of being in New York and working for Marie Claire – fits exactly my philosophy of life. I believe that I am an end in myself, and that my own happiness is the purpose of my life.

    My understanding of love has changed over the years. I could never explain what it was, but I knew that love was what I was after. And I think I understand it now. To me, love is not complicated and complex like people make it sound. I find that love is nothing but pure admiration. I realized that the people I loved were the people who I admired the most. I realized that the people I love are the people who go after their dreams and achieve their goals, with purpose, good values, and a good sense of morality.

    “I'm so in love with where I am in my life that I don't need a soulmate to make me happy” - I couldn’t agree more (and you don’t know how happy it makes me to read it from someone else). I don’t think anyone *needs* someone else (a soulmate) to make them happy. All you need, in order to be happy, is love yourself.

    ReplyDelete