Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Very VERSACE New Years!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
----------- WHAT I WORE ------------
"Wearing black on New Year’s Eve is a bit like wearing a 
tasteful sheath to Mardi Gras. Why? You have free rein to go
 full glam. Work it!" -Nina Garcia

I couldn't have put it better myself! New Years is the one time a year you can go all out, judgment aside, so why not wear something ravishing. Something with lots of shimmer and pizzazz! I wanted to end 2011 with a bang and start 2012 in a fabulous outfit, of course. Black was off limits and sparkle was a definite must! 
My dress is from the much anticipated Versace for H&M Collection: the gorgeous, Limited Edition Yellow Silk, gold studded dress. I was amazed by the detailing of the dress, it's absolutely stunning-the pictures don't do it any justice. You can see the full Versace for H&M Collection here. I adorned my feet with a pair of chic Sam Edelman's. I am a firm believer that the shoes you wear can either make or break an entire outfit, and it's tricky finding shoes that won't completely overwhelm a bright yellow studded dress, am I right? The Scarlett Pump was a perfect match! The vanilla Mary-Jane T-strap front is subtle yet classy-to balance out the dress-but the black spikes and steel heel keep the look chic, sassy and party-ready. A match made in heaven. Literally! My feet were kept happy the whole night. It's safe to say it was the best New Years ever!!! Hello 2012.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I.WANT.THAT.DRESS

    You are gorgeous and look incredible in that rad dress (sorry for all the adjectives but I am in awe).

    http://jimpricute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete