Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fashion Editorial Accessories Catalog



For those of you who know me are aware that I have a Korean middle name: Jungsun, which translates to 'Heart and Goodness." This name is very dear to me for some strange reason, it's always been a unique part of my life in some shape or form. I have it tattooed on my back in it's original korean symbols, reminding me that having a big heart and treating other well is a what life is all about.  

Anyways, that is the story behind the name I chose for my catalog. Now, I am not by any means actually selling what is pictured. This is solely for educational purposes only. However, I have this burning desire, ever since being at Marie Claire to be a part of creating Fashion Editorials and creating beautiful works of art from clothing and accessories. So, I figured this is the perfect opportunity to see what I am capable of. For my Catalog Development class I decided to create a, what they call, a 'Magalog' in a program called InDesign (I'm sure you've heard of it. It's much like Photoshop, but made for building catalogs and magazines...fun stuff). Magalogs are becoming very popular amongst Fashion retailers, I'm telling you. I think it's time to jump on the bandwagon! My inspiration? Think Michael Kors, '  J.Crew and Polyvore meets Marie Claire Magazine. 

My sister and I got together to shoot some product shots at the studio and they turned out absolutely fantastic. Most of the photos used will be my own and will have been styled by non other than yours truly. Only a few images within my entire catalog will consist of photos that aren't my own. While I'm waiting for her to finish editing the rest of the photos, here is a little sneak peek of what's to come next of the 25 page Fashion Editorial Accessories Catalog...oh, whoops-Magalog, sorry! What do you think? Let me know your thoughts!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Krysta, this is a beautiful layout... are you sure you're not a graphic designer? :]

    ReplyDelete